Well the 2017-2018 season has come to an end and thank you to all those who came to the club over the season.
A big thank you to all our members for supporting the club, to all those who have volunteered their time across the season. A big thank you to the committee members again who volunteer their time not just in the season but throughout the year. Equally a big thank you to all those who submitted images in the internal competitions and external competitions which enabled us to regain both the Robertshaw and High Peak Trophies.
Some items of note though:
- Congratulation to Malcolm Brunt for winning the President’s Cup reflecting his work over the season. There were a few others who could have so nearly received this, but sadly there is only one cup. They are however worthy of a mention: Irene Lea and Keith Parker, both of whom have contributed so much this season.
- Congratulations most also go to Anthony Gosling, Paul Scott, Dave Boam and Conor Molloy who again have shared with us their fantastic images and we’re looking forward to more in the new season.
- For those who weren’t able to get to the library we will be showing our Annual Exhibition up at Tegg’s Nose over the coming weeks.
- A big thank you to Val and Vince for putting together such an excellent programme this season. We are always after suggestions and ideas so please don’t hold back.
- We were sorry to see Kevin and Alison Lomax depart for more exotic climes but thank them for all their support over the seasons and wish them well in their new adventure.
There have been a lot of changes during the season and equally a lot of changes in the pipeline. We’ll ensure these are covered in the minutes of the AGM so I hope you will take a few moments to read the minutes of the AGM when they have been finalised, but to headline some of the items:
- GDPR, how we plan to keep details of members and use this data
- Subscription, we’ll be reviewing our subscription over the closed season
- Season Length
- Changes to the committee
- Next season’s competitions and potential new cup
- Exhibition Reprise
I hope you have enjoyed the season and I look forward to an equally enjoyable 2018-2019 season.
In the meantime have a great summer and see you in September, if not before.